Step 3 — I'm Bothered
This is when you do something wrong and it bothers you.
You may be a very good boy or girl compared with many children you know. But God has given a Goodness Test, the Commandments, to see if you are good enough to go to heaven. Are you that good?
God’s Goodness Test
The Ten Commandments — Passing is 100%
Have you always pleased God in all these ways?
The Ten Commandments.
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make for yourself an idol. Are toys, pets or friends first in your life?
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. Use the names of God and Jesus Christ only when talking about Them or praying.
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. One day in seven we can give special time to the Lord. All our time, however, is the Lord’s.
- Honor (obey) your father and your mother. Always respect and obey your parents unless it is a sin.
- You shall not murder. Do not hurt people or have selfish anger.
- You shall not commit adultery. Do not touch anyone’s body where you shouldn’t. Save your special love for your husband or your wife.
- You shall not steal. Do not take what is not yours.
- You shall not bear false witness. Always tell the truth.
- You shall not covet. Do not be jealous of what others have.